Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Swears by them


Last summer I had a gift cert for sporting goods, so I used a bit on these paddle grips for Laura.

They work like a charm. Before we got them, she had blisters a few times, especially on our longer trips on the Big Sioux River. We tried some cheap gloves off the rack at Ace, thought they would work, but they didn't.

Then we got these bad boys.

They're basically padded neoprene sleeves that slip over the paddle shaft. I think these are Yakgrips, they were about $15. They stay in place even when they get wet, and they are nice insulators on both hot and cold paddles. Plus, most importantly, she no longer blisters between her thumb and forefinger.

I don't use them, but sure would have that first year I was paddling and getting blisters. For anyone who fights that battle and is tired of it, we'd recommend this piece of gear.
Last summer, we gave Laura's paddle to a friend who was getting tired, and she liked them, too. Bies's out.

No comments: